Friday, November 9, 2012

Technology

As I sit here tonight I thought about my update for today I was just overwhelmed to think of all the changes in technology - it's amazing.


When I was young I had a pen pal in Japan and we wrote letters back & forth...a pen pal now is instantaneous. I mean the car I drove in high school had a cassette player - my kids don't even know what a cassette tape is. We were one of the few people who had a Betamax (those were the VCR's that took the small tapes as opposed to the VHS size - you can google it) to watch movies on rather than the digital options we have today. I don't think we had a cordless phone until we moved to Seattle after high school graduation. .  Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, MySpace (if anyone still uses it) and every other social media sight make it so easy to keep in touch with the world. Meetings that used to be only available via radio can now be viewed via web streaming. It's mind boggling all the things we had that were the hieght of technology at the time and now they seem so archaic.

When used for good technology is fantastic and I'm so grateful for the advances that have been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment