Friday, November 30, 2012

Introspection

Day 30 is here - my goal was almost fulfilled - I did complete it - for that I am thankful.

 Here's what this little lesson has taught me...

  • I'm thankful for the little things like - I can move today after the Zumba! class I attended last night. I enjoy it don't get me wrong, I'm still not sure a woman like me is supposed to move that way but I'm trying!
  • I'm thankful for the focus - it's so easy to get caught up in all of the unnecessary events that encompass November & December. It's easy to look on the negative side of things, especially after a major election that most of the country didn't even participate in, or the child that is too stubborn for his or her own good or that weight doesn't just fall off because you'd like for it too (hence the Zumba! class). 
  • I'm thankful I have friends & family that are more amazing than words can truly describe. They take me with all my flaws and love me anyway.
  • I'm thankful this type of avenue exists. This is an easier form of communication for some and no one has to feel obligated to read it. If nothing else it is a therapy for the writer, if you the reader glean something from it - that's gravy.
  • I'm thankful for this time of year which allows you to move the focus to others so easily. There are so many ways to serve and help out your fellow man - that includes letting someone cut in front of you on the highway! When you get lost in service you tend to lose yourself and then your issues don't seem as daunting.
  • I'm thankful that this is my little slice of heaven!



Here's hoping you don't make your December too busy but that you have time to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment