Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Work

Here I go again - updating my gratefulness....



This is my current employer's logo. We work in the oil & gas industry in case that wasn't clear. I love my job! I know a lot of people like their jobs, but I really LOVE my job.  I am so blessed. This job is an answer to so many prayers.

In my life I've only had 7 jobs (I'm 42 so that's really not that bad of a track record). I've changed careers twice. I had a job I enjoyed, however due to economic conditions I was laid off after 7 years and 8 months. The boss I had was flexible and as long as I was doing what was needed and necessary we had a great working relationship (which I think is how it's supposed to work). However, when I was laid off I worked frantically to find another job. I worked hard trying to find something that would give me the ability to still be a functioning working mom. After a few weeks I found an 8-5 job that was only 15 minutes from our home and school. It allowed me to drop my son off  at school before work (thank heavens our town has all day kindergarten). That was a plus in my book.

However it was not a good fit. It taught me a lot, both good and bad. Which brings to my current position. I have the best boss in the world! He's flexible and as long as I'm doing what's needed and necessary we get along great! I have the utmost respect for him. I hope he knows how grateful I am.

If you have a great boss & great working circumstances - be sure to let them know.

No comments:

Post a Comment