Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pets

I am quite grateful for our pets! I'm grateful for their unconditional love. For their unwavering optimism and for their overall cuteness.
This is Clifford. He is neither big nor red, but he is our dog. You get a Yorkshire Terrier named Clifford when you rescue him from an uncertain future via http://okyorkierescue.org/ and your child is 3. He is an amazing dog! He likes to play, he likes to cuddle, he even has a pact with our little girl (he protects her - she drops scraps from the table for him). He's NEVER even snipped at either one of the kids or their friends. He sleeps close to us at night to keep us warm. He's a huge part of our family and I'm grateful there are creatures created to be mankind's friend. If everything goes wrong and the world feels like it's going to come crashing in - I know no matter what - this little guy will greet me with a happy wag of his tail!

Here's a little plug for my friends at http://okyorkierescue.org/ - if you're looking for a companion - check them out. They rescue their dogs (not all are Yorkies, but most are) from puppy mills and auctions. These guys are kept in foster homes so they can get acclimated to family life. The people with OK Yorkie Rescue love these dogs and get them the medical attention if it's needed. I love our little guy and I'd rescue another one in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment