Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions

Just like everyone else I tend to reflect this time of year and think about the things I'd like to improve, do away with or begin. I think it's human nature. So as I did this I thought I'd share a resolution that I'd like to improve on in 2013. I won't bore you with all of them as a few are personal and quite frankly I think people tend to reveal too much on social networks & blogs that any mystery to them is gone. Not that I think I'm mysterious, I just figure why give my detractors any more ammunition? So my resolution that I plan on working diligently is taking more pictures in 2013. Not to the point where everyone runs and hides when I come into a room because I always have a camera with me. I just want to do a better job of documenting family get togethers, time with friends and even maybe some mundane day-to-day activities that might make it more fun for the kids. Maybe my son will be more at ease like my daughter is in front of a camera if I get the camera out more. I don't want to regret not having a photo of my kids with with their grandparents. I mean here's an example...this is one of the only pictures of Christmas this year...and it was taken from my phone...

 
 Who know why I don't do a better job...maybe it's because
  • it was just our little family when opening gifts & we sort of forgot.
  • I think it's inconsiderate around others when it's a busy event.
  • I think the subject is embarrassed with the extra attention.
Not that any of those are legitimate, but now you know why I want to make a conscience effort to capture those one time only events.

Here's hoping I can keep at it past March!






No comments:

Post a Comment