Monday, January 28, 2013

and now calling the coin toss...

This is our first year of 7 & 8 year old basketball.


When I was growing up we didn't attend collegiate basketball games. Heck I went to my first professional basketball game the year my husband & I got engaged. Fast forward we now live in a college town where we can watch collegiate sports and drive 15 miles to watch an NBA team. So my son has had more opportunities than I did at the same age. I say all that to now tell you a little funny RTC story.

His first game was a couple of weeks ago. My sister & mom were in town because it wasn't horrible weather & my mom is facing knee replacement surgery in the upcoming months and she wanted to see her only grandson play some ball. So we're our way to the gym and as serious as my little guy is he turns to me and says "what are they going to say when they introduce me?" It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what he was talking about. Then I almost couldn't contain myself. HE has ONLY been to collegiate or professional basketball games. You know where they turn down the lights, start the smoke machines and moving lights and some really deep voiced guy says "and now starting small forward for your Oklahoma City Thunder from the University of Texas (I don't think the fans boo anymore) number 35 Keeeeeeevvvvvviiiiiiiinnnnnnnn Durant!!!!!"

I apologized to my boy and told him that unfortunately in the Parks & Rec league there wouldn't be any introductions. Maybe this will help him focus and try to attain the next level!

No comments:

Post a Comment