Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding


I didn’t set my alarm to watch the wedding of Prince William to his bride. I planned on catching a view of them reciting their vows later on the web.  My alarm went off at 4:40 am so I could fetch Lord Robert and Lady Lauren their special breakfast of chocolate sprinkled donuts. Then after obtaining my bounty I went to the gym to walk. As I was walking my 3 miles so I could later indulge in my breakfast reward I was able to witness Prince William and Catherine’s vows with a billion of their closest friends. Yeah – Bonus I would be able to see what I wanted! Then as I watched them pledge their troth's to one another my mind wandered to the summer of 1981 when Prince Charles & Lady Diana were wed. I remember being a kid of 11 and begging my mom to wake me up to watch it. I remember the majesty, the pageantry, the hats that only the British can wear, the horses & carriages and the train! The 25 foot train on Lady Diana’s gown was amazing. I kept thinking “Holy cow! How did that fit into the carriage with her?” I remember the vows. How nervous she must have been and then she said his name wrong. To this day I always hold my breath during that part of the wedding – who wants to blow that?! Then I remembered their kiss and thinking what a life that must be. Granted we all know how that fairy tale ended. So here’s to Prince William and his bride, may your fairy tale come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment