Thursday, May 3, 2012

Carnival

We did something last week I never thought I would.

Yes - we took the kids to a carnival! And you know what - everyone survived!!! In fact, everyone had a REALLY GOOD time!


I guess I bought into all the scary hype the news typically shares when carnivals/fairs come to town. The news usually highlights that kids are being taken, drunks are every where and from my own experience, the incessant whinning by children. It had me convinced that I didn't want to take the kids to a carnival, EVER. However, we must have gone early enough in the evening to miss the kidnappers, drunks, and over stimulated kids because everyone had a great time! I wish beyond wishes I could have taken a picture of the 4 of us on the "Sizzler" (photo below). It's the ride that basically throws you from side to side. The kids laughed so hard and smiled the whole time. It was incredible to witness.




 I don't know that I'm quite ready to undergo the State Fair yet, but the excitement and laughs we shared are what memories are made of!!

No comments:

Post a Comment