Saturday, October 8, 2011

Aww...Game day

Yay! Game day is here! Not just any game day either. It's OU vs. Texas. Sooners vs. Longhorns. It's a true rivalry. It's tradition (likely to change in the not so distant future the way the sport seems to be going)! It's an amazing spectacle to watch, whether from the comfort of your home or in the raucous Cotton Bowl stadium. It's unlike most games. It's a neutral field (well, it's still in Texas as Coach Switzer points out). It's the type of game that can make or break a season. It's the type of game the players look forward to from year to year. It's the type of game that's circled on the schedule in January. It's 50 yard line to 50 yard line (see below) of hatred.


They say you always remember your first as your fondest. I was lucky enough to have my first OU/TX game be a win for the Sooners! The  last OU/TX game I was able to attend was Super as in I was in the stadium when Roy Williams blitzed and became SUPERMAN and the Sooners recovered Chris Simms' mistake for a touchdown! What a memory.

Someday I'll take my little Sooner fans, when they are much bigger Sooner fans in years. For now - I'll be content rooting for the Sooners from home. In spirit though - I'm in Dallas today baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment